CAN RICH DAD TEACH YOU TO BE FINANCIALLY FREE?
Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert Kiyosaki is a best seller around the world. So are many other books he authored later. His teachings have shaken some conventional ideas about money. His ideology has a cult like fan following though out the world.
This website is an attempt to comfort those who have the burning desire in them to move over to the B and I quadrants, but don’t know how to. Trust me, you are not alone. There are millions of them out there including me. They have read the books, played the cashflow games, attended the seminars and are still looking for answers.
Of course I would like to share with you what I learned about money from my only dad. May be some day I will put these thoughts together to compile a book about it. I have the title ready. Right Dad Left Dad.
My name is Jimmy Mathew. I live in Muscat, Oman. I am a ‘conventionally educated’ mechanical engineer.
I have read four of his books – Rich Dad Poor Dad, Cashflow Quadrant, Rich Dad’s Guide to Investing and Rich Kids Smart Kid. I have played Cashflow 101 and Cashflow 202, both board game and e-game versions.
Where they useful?
The answer is a big Yes. They definitely helped me in molding my ideas about money. Now I can differentiate between an asset and liability. It taught me how not to fall in to the trap of buying liabilities and think they are assets. I know it is important to move from E to B&I. I avoid buying doodads.
Did it help me in taking any specific action to move from E to B&I ?
Sadly, No. This is where the books and other teachings fail. Robert Kiyosaki himself admits that his books are not how-to manuals. Well, you are right Robert. There are numerous references of the lucrative deals he did in real estate, stocks and other businesses. But hardly anything about how a common man can do it.
Why haven’t I read the other books?
I stopped buying and reading any more after reading the fourth book. Because I felt there aren’t any new ideas in those books. Rich Dad Poor Dad and can be considered to be an original work. All other books draw heavily from it.
Does his seminars and coaching give specific tips?
Frankly, I don’t know. Even if I had been living in US, I would not have attended those seminars. I did some research on internet. There are many negative reviews of these services.
What is my advice?
Rich Dad Poor Dad and Cashflow Quadrant are good reads. It is a good idea to buy your own copies. You can reread it often.
Cashflow Games are expensive. Look for someone who has them. Many MLM distributors have them. Play both cashflow 101 and cashflow 202 till you can get out of it a few times.
What am I doing now?
I am still an employee. I am a mechanical engineer and specialize in industrial marketing
Please find below the Table of Contents of the site. They have more information about Robert Kiyosaki and Rich Dad Ideology.
- Rich Dad Secrets from Kiyosaki
- The storey of a commoner's strugle to put Rich Dad, Kiyosaki's teachings
- Rich Dad Poor Dad - A Common Man's Review
- Does Rich Dad Poor Dad help you achieve financial freedom? Yes, It can, I thought when I read it for the first time. Later the reality set in. There was hardly any how-to tips
- Is Cashflow Quadrant by Robert Kiyosaki a Good Read?
- Book Cashflow Quadrant tells you what quadrant you belong to. But how about moving to the right? Does it have any useful tips?
- Is Rich Dad Real?
- Is Rich Dad a imaginary character created by Robert Kiyosaki? Or else why isn't his identity revealed yet? Even after his death.
- Poor Dad Rich Dad
- Poor Dad Rich Dad, that should have been the title of the book. Let me tell you why!!
- Who is Robert Kiyosaki?
- Robert Kiyosaki was homeless. He became a multi-millionaire in a few years. Is it by teaching others how to get rich?
- Kim Kiyosaki - The Rich Mom
- Kim Kiyosaki is on a mission, a mission half as difficult as her husband's -- teach half the population of the world how to get rich.
- Did Cashflow Game Help Me?
- Cashflow game 101 and 202 - I have played both. Are they useful? Do they really help in understanding money better? Here is my experiece.
- Cashflow 101 - Doodad or Asset?
- Play Cashflow 101 Board Game, before playing the E-Game. Let me tell you why.
- Cashflow Board Game -- Unrealistic Elements
- Cashflow Board Game has many elements that you have to be cautious about. Don't expect the real world to be so. Here are some of them.
- Contribute to Rich Dad
- Would you like to share your knowledge about rich dad? Great, find out how you can submit your story or tip here.